This department provides administrative support to employees of the city and its citizens.
The City of Cuero has a council-manager form of government. The city manager is appointed by the City Council, the body responsible for setting policy.
The city manager serves as the chief administrative officer and assists the council in identifying the policy agenda and provides recommendations to the City Council.
Duties of the City Manager
- Appoint and remove an employee of the City.
- Shall have the responsibility to select and annually evaluate the Department heads.
- Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the City Council, and be responsible for its administration after adoption.
- Prepare and submit to the City Council as of the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City for the preceding year.
- Keep the City Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may seem desirable.
- Perform such duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or may be required of him by the City Council, not consistent with this Charter.
- Attend all meetings of the Council, except when he/she is under discussion, with the right to take part in the discussions, but having no vote; and he/she shall be notified of all special meetings of the Council.
- Promote partnerships among council, staff, and citizens in developing public policy and building a sense of community.
- Keep a written inventory of all real property and all permanent equipment owned by the City, said inventory to be audited annually. A system shall be established to control the use and accountability of all permanent, non-expendable equipment and the use and replacement of expendable equipment, as well.
- The City Manager may abolish or consolidate, subject to Council approval, such offices and departments as he/she may deem to be in the best interest of the City, and may divide and sub-divide the administration of any such departments as he/she may deem advisable; With council approval, the City Manger may create new departments and may discontinue any offices or departments at his/her discretion, except those specifically established by this Charter.