- This department provides administrative support to employees of the city and its citizens.
- The City of Cuero has a council-manager form of government. The city manager is appointed by the City Council, the body responsible for setting policy.
- The city manager serves as the chief administrative officer and assists the council in identifying the policy agenda and provides recommendations to the City Council.
Duties of the City Manager
- Appoint and remove an employee of the City.
- Shall have the responsibility to select and annually evaluate the Department heads.
- Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the City Council, and be responsible for its administration after adoption.
- Prepare and submit to the City Council as of the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City for the preceding year.
- Keep the City Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may seem desirable.
- Perform such duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or may be required of him by the City Council, not consistent with this Charter.
- Attend all meetings of the Council, except when he/she is under discussion, with the right to take part in the discussions, but having no vote; and he/she shall be notified of all special meetings of the Council.
- Promote partnerships among council, staff, and citizens in developing public policy and building a sense of community.
- Keep a written inventory of all real property and all permanent equipment owned by the City, said inventory to be audited annually. A system shall be established to control the use and accountability of all permanent, non-expendable equipment and the use and replacement of expendable equipment, as well.
- The City Manager may abolish or consolidate, subject to Council approval, such offices and departments as he/she may deem to be in the best interest of the City, and may divide and sub-divide the administration of any such departments as he/she may deem advisable; With council approval, the City Manger may create new departments and may discontinue any offices or departments at his/her discretion, except those specifically established by this Charter.